THE JURY AND THE AWARDS
This Edition will host an International Jury composed by professional tasters enrolled in the official Taster Registers and belonging of the various taster association in order to determine in the most precise and professional way as possible the Best Oil in the Northern Hemisphere.
It will be an intense Edition dedicated to extra virgin oil:
- Use of cobalt blue shot glasses (COI standard) to taste oils;
- 4 Categories;
- 12 Podia;
- 1 Absolute Podium;
- 72 Special Mentions;
- 120 Honors;
- 12 Special Awards.
Here is a list of the 2020 Edition Categories:
- Best International Extra Olive Oil;
- Best Organic Olive Oil;
- Best DOPIGP;
- Best Monocultivar.
It is crucial for a professional competition to give importance to the differences between all oil producers. It is the reason why the organization has decided to create each oil category on the base of oil and productive features.
OTHERS JURYES TO COME
During this Edition there will also be 12 Special Awards:
- The Chef’s Choice: the haute cuisine and the wisdom of a gourmet palate represented by a Michelin-starred Chef who, among the finalists, selects the oil that will enjoy this prestigious recognition;
- The Umberto Veronesi Foundation Award: the science represented by an internationally renowned research reality recognises the oil with the highest percentage of polyphenols;
- Press Award: a committee of journalists from the industry will decide, after a tasting session, the best oil for the food 2020 press;
- Green & Innovation Award: the award that identifies a company that places particular attention to the defence of nature and processing systems;
- Best Packaging”:a renowned designer following a professional evaluation chooses the packaging that features particularly original and/or functional artistic traits;
- History & Tradition Award: the recognition that rewards a historic venue that has always stood out for its resourcefulness and the quality of the services and products offered;
- Hyper Creative Chef Award: the mastery, ingenuity and balance of flavours that turn a dish into a work of art, is the prize awarded to a young talent of Italian cuisine;
- Heroic Cultivation Award: where stubbornness, strength, and passion come together to deliver a quality product defying the imperviousness of nature;
- Supernova Award: the special prize dedicated to a small yet excellent production company;
- Milestone Award: the awarding of a special recognition to a historic olive farm run as a family business for generations, which has consistently engaged in the production of high-quality oil;
- City of Milan Award: a special award to a young company making its multi-faceted dynamism a competitive strength.
The last Award is linked to the location that will host the Award Ceremony.The Award Ceremony will be a all-day-long event in Milan. There will not be only the winners, but also international both private and company buyers, journalists and professionals in the field: it will be the perfect opportunity to start new collaborations.
To apply please visit click the button below.
If you have already applied, be sure to have filled the registration form and have payed the registration fee.